These are the newest facilities of the Ionian University, located on Ioannou Theotoki street, very close to Saroco central square. The Department of History has been the first department of the Ionian University and functionning since the academic year of 1985-6. Today it is the only Greek University Department destined exclusively for the study of history. The Department of Αrchives, Library Science and Museology, together with the administrative services and the Library of the Ionian University are located in the same facilities, whose operation began in 2009.
Α neoclassical complex of buildings in Tsirigoti square, that today houses three departments of the Ionian University. The complex includes the Chalepas building, which was named after the distinguished Greek sculptor who was hospitalized here for quite a few years. The Former Asylum campus houses the Department of Audio and Visual Arts, the Department of Informatics and the Department of Foreign Languages Translation and Interpreting. The classes are being held in various wings of the buildings, including the areas where the kitchen and the rooms of the patients used to be. The main buildings which are being used in the complex are the Goussis building, the building of the Secretariats and the Aretaios building.
The will of the people of the Ionian Islands for their unification with Greece was developed and expressed in the Ionian Parliament. The unification with Greece was validated with a resolution of the Ionian Parliament on 23 September 1863. The building was designed by Ioannis Chronis and it was constructed in 1855. It is a neoclassical building with Doric columns that decorate its typical entrance. It was restored in 1978 and since then, it constitutes the seat of the Museum dedicated to the fight for freedom of the Ionian Islands.
Τhe Municipal and Regional Theatre of Corfu (DI.PE.THE) was inaugurated on Christmas day of 1998. It has hosted many theatre productions in all of its stages (Central, Children’s, and Experimental). For its productions a great number of creators and artists came together of which many were Corfiots and students at the Ionian University. The productions mentioned above were attended by spectators from cities in Greece and in Italy, where scheduled tours took place.
A multidimensional culture and recreation center situated in the Old Town of Corfu and more specifically in the New Fortress, a 16th century construction, important for its defensive technique and architecture. Polytechno is one of the most active cultural sites in Greece and is also the reference point for the local contemporary artistic creation. It gives the opportunity to many creative people to express themselves and constitutes the link between the artistic departments of the Ionian University and the public, maintaining a fruitful cooperation with the Music Studies and the Audio and Visual Arts Department. Polytechno is a hotspot for new but also for renowned artists from Greece and abroad; it has hosted painting, sculpting, photograph and facilities exhibitions, while it has also cooperated with significant cultural institutes in Athens, festivals and cultural initiatives, so far. Polytchehno also offers seminars, movie and/or documentary screenings and art workshops for children.