Update: 27-05-2011 (Painting Exhibition)
Update: 26-05-2011 (Conference Program)
Update: 25-05-2011 (Festival Program)
Update: 24-05-2011 (Festival Program, Poster, Conference Program, Invitation from the President of the Department of Audio and Visual Arts)
Update: 19-05-2011 (Preliminary Program)
First edition: 10-05-2011
The Department of Audio and Visual Arts and the Department of Music Studies (Electroacoustic Music Research and Applications Lab, EMRAL) of the Ionian University, are organizing the Festival of Audiovisual Arts 2011.
- Press release
- Festival program
- Festival program - Department of Music Studies
- Festival program - AVARTS
- Festival Poster
- Invitation from the President of the Department of Audio and Visual Arts
- Conference Program (Ionian Academy)
- Poster - Painting Exhibition
Featuring a series of artistic, educational and research activities, the festival will be presenting the results of the educational and research work of both Departments in the field of the modern arts of sound and vision. At the same time, there will be an ongoing discussion of issues and questions concerning the relation between Art and audiovisual technologies, such as:
- What are the potential new forms of artistic expression provided by new technologies?
- Which new techniques of artistic creation arise from the use of these technologies?
- How can these new techniques be taught?
- How does digital technology accessibility affect the creative process, as well as the individual’s partaking in contemporary arts?
- Could the use of new technologies in arts pave new ways towards approaching sciences and culture in general?
Distinguished artists and researchers from Greek and foreign research centres and academic institutions, professors and students of the Ionian University, as well as graduates of the Postgraduate Studies Programme of the Music Studies Department on Audio Arts and Technologies will be attending and contributing to the various activities and events.
Electroacoustic music concerts and live audiovisual projects, series of electronic installations, student work exhibitions, seminars and scientific workshops are included in the Festival program.
The festival is scheduled May 26, Thursday morning, to May 29, Sunday.
Department sites and related link list:
The attached compressed folder contains the press release, the festival program, the festival program (department of music), the festival program (AVARTS), the conference program, the invitation from the president of the Department of Audio and Visual Arts, the poster of the Festival and the Poster of the Painting Exhibition (the content of the press release is in English language).