See also: Doctoral Studies Regulations
The Department of Audio & Visual Arts of the Ionian University offers a Doctoral Studies Programme whose main constituent component is independent academic research which makes an original contribution to knowledge and culminates in a written up dissertation. The Programme offers specialization in the main disciplines of study in the Department, in particular the creative interaction between artistic expression and the development of leading-edge technology required to support it, as follows:
- Artistic creation employing digital methods and techniques
- Development of digital audiovisual technologies promoting, fostering and exploiting synergies between Art and Science
- Theoretical research in New Media Arts
Acceptance to the Programme requires compliance with the national legislative framework (in particular Law 3685/2008). Interested parties are invited to submit to the Registrar of the Department a signed application form which should include a proposed dissertation title as well as the name of a member of the teaching staff suggested as supervisor. The application should be accompanied by the following supporting material:
- PhD Dissertation proposal plan, in both printed and electronic media, including the following: main research topic, objectives, presentation and critical analysis of the State-of-the-Art (including a comprehensive list of bibliographical references), intended methodology, expected deliverables and results and schedule of activities.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (in both printed and electronic media)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degrees. For degrees obtained abroad state certification of equivalence (DOATAP) is required.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- Copies of scientific publications
- For Greek candidates foreign language certificate at level CEFR B2.
For more information, interested individuals may contact the departmental secretariat (tel.: 26610 87860-1) or directly a member of teaching staff with a relevant research profile of interests.
Steering Committee of the Doctoral Studies Programme:
- Associate Professor Th. Vlachos (Head of the Committee and Director of the Programme)
- Professor N. G. Kanellopoulos
- Associate Professor A. Floros
- Assistant Professor M. Panagopoulos
- Assistant Professor A. Giannakoulopoulos