Welcome to the 4th International Conference on Digital Culture & AudioVisual Challenges. DCAC-2022 will again afford an exceptional opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, offering a worldwide connection between researchers and lecturers, from a wide range of academic fields, facilitating partnerships across national and disciplinary borders. This International Conference on Digital Culture & AudioVisual Challenges is hosted by the Department of Audio & Visual Arts (Ionian University) and it will be held in hybrid way - online and in Corfu (Greece).
The aim of the DCAC-2022 is to bring together technology, art and culture in the Digital Era, as well as to provide a forum on current research and applications incorporating technology, art and culture, to deepen cooperation, exchange experiences and good practices.
Researchers, artists and scholars are encouraged to participate in the discussion about the interaction between interdisciplinary creativity, technology, arts and culture. Authors are invited to present original papers for oral or poster presentation in the fields of New Media Arts and Digital Culture.
Topics of the Conference include (but not limited to):
- Algorithmic Art
- Algorithmic music composition
- Art and Culture Analysis
- Art and Technology
- Art and cultural promotion and dissemination
- Art, Technology and Education (Creative Technologies)
- Artificial Intelligence in Arts
- Artistic Applications in Art and Technology
- Audio-Visual and Multimedia Design
- Collaborative and adaptive environments for Artisticcreation and/or dissemination
- Cybernetics in Contemporary Art
- Data Visualization
- Digital Art (computer art, animation, virtual art, internet art, pixel art, interactive art, 3Dprinting)
- Digital Preservation
- e-Learning in Art and Media Studies
- Electronic Music
- Experimental Art & Cultural product
- Holography & Hologram Technology
- Human-Computer Interaction, (human‐computer interfaces, ubiquitous, natural and adaptive interfaces, assistive technologies)
- Internet Culture
- Media Literacy and Media Studies
- New Aesthetic
- Virtual Reality - Augmented Reality - Mixed Reality
You are invited to submit proposals for extended abstracts.
Submissions must be sent electronically through the EasyChair submissions system for DCAC-2022 conference, by completing the relevant form field (NO file uploading is required):
The extended abstract:
- should be no more than 750 words including summary, objective, method and conclusion,
- should be structured clearly, indicating: the theoretical framework, the research/study design, the methods or instruments, the description of the experience, etc.
- should be submitted in English, the official language of the conference, and
- should be followed by a short CV of the author (no more than 100 words per author).
See more at Submissions page: https://avarts.ionio.gr/dcac/2022/en/submissions
Hard deadline extension for submission of extended abstracts:
10 March 20 March, 2022
Notification of acceptance: 15 April, 2022
Conference: 13-14 May, 2022
Guidelines for authors available at the Submissions page.
See more at Important Dates page: https://avarts.ionio.gr/dcac/2022/en/dates/